Babies and children up to 4 years of age
The skin of babies and young children up to 4 years is five times as thin as adult skin, making it much more delicate and sensitive. It needs very mild care!Read more
The skin of a baby is five times as thin as an adult skin, making it much more delicate and sensitive. Baby's skin does not yet have a protective acid mantle. The acid mantle is a "jacket" that protects against dehydration, irritation and infections. The horn layer, part of the epidermis, is not yet fully grown. This layer protects against bacteria. It is not fully developed until around the fourth year. The baby and toddler skin therefore dries out faster and is more sensitive to UV radiation, because babies and toddlers have less skin pigmentation than adults.
- Do not bathe your baby / toddler more than twice or three times a week. Use lukewarm water for this.
- Use a mild soap to cleanse the skin.
- It is best to pat your baby dry with a cotton diaper after washing. It absorbs more moisture than a normal towel.
- Pay extra attention to drying the skin folds.
- Use the Avocado Cream to hydrate your baby's skin after bathing. You can also treat dry, chapped cheeks with it.