Safe Hair Removal
There are all kinds of methods for getting rid of unwanted hair. What is best for you to do for your skin? And which Dead Sea products can you use?
How can you remove unwanted hair?
The existing methods can be roughly divided into two groups:
1. Removing the hair with root
This is also called epilation and can be done with a pair of tweezers, resin, wax, a wire, a feather or an epilator.
- The advantage is that hairs stay away longer and there are no stubble.
- The disadvantage is that skin irritation (redness) can occur, that ingrown hairs can occur, that it is often painful and that in some cases pigmentation marks appear in places where the skin has been damaged. The chance of this happening, however, differs considerably per method.
2. Removing visible hair
This is done by shaving or with a hair removal cream.
- The benefits of shaving or the use of hair removal creams is that it is painless, does not cost a lot and is easy to do yourself.
- The disadvantages of shaving are that the hairs return quickly, that they often feel harder and stiffer and that there is a risk of irritation, itching and ingrown hairs.
- With the Mud Zero hair removal cream, the chance of irritation, itching and ingrown hairs is minimal, provided you have done a small allergy test in advance. The Mud Zero body cream ensures hairs to grow back less quickly.
Prevent discomfort during hair removal
One of the most common causes of shaving bumps and itchy skin is the use of an old or blunt razor blade. So ensure a clean and sharp razor.
Another common mistake is shaving the skin in the wrong direction. Always shave with the grain (in the same direction as your hair grows). Small wounds or bumps are created by shaving against the grain (against the direction your hair is growing).
Prevention and care
To prevent nasty bumps or itching after depilation, it is important to take good care of the skin afterwards:
- Rinse it first with cold water to close the pores.
- In addition, moisturize the skin well, for example with the Avocado Face and Body Cream.
- If you suffer from sensitive skin you can use a product that reduces skin irritation and soothes and cools the skin: the Aloe Vera Gel. You can also use this if you still suffer from bumps or itching.
- For men, both the Aftershave Balm with and without hyaluronic acid and black caviar are very suitable for skin care after shaving and to prevent skin irritations.
- To prevent ingrown hairs, it is advisable to use a peeling once or twice a week.